I'M GOING TO DO IT!
I talked to my parents - they are supportive. I talked to my boss - I can have the week off. I talked to Chelsea - and she started jumping up and down! I know I mentioned that Kate and I are great friends, so we make a pact not to make sure we give each other space, both for our sakes and for those on the trip.
I wrote a support letter, and will start spreading the news once I hear from you.
Chelsea and I talked about how many things led to this working out - how dissapointed I was, and how I'd told her that I'd wait and see if I got bumped up the waiting list - but didn't really expect to. Crazy!
I'm also excited because I've always wanted to go abroad and serve - and I've known 4 people who have gone to Haiti in the last 6 months to work with various organizations and shared with me the great need.
EEK. More details soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment